Tuesday, August 5, 2008

teenStyle Release Party: Hits and Misses

On August 1st, to quote my pal Ashley, "everybody who's anybody showed up to see teenSTYLE magazine's very first edition". The party took place in Style_Magazine's guestbook and as we awaited the release we patiently sipped our virtual champagne and tapped our Jimmy Choo's to the beats of the "Teen" inspired music,or up a certain somebody's arse, but more on that later. Of course the time zone difference caused a little bit of confusion, yet as everyone arrived, we had no problem getting the soiree started. There were a few problems and the largest being the fact that there was a technical difficulty with Wordpress and the whole magazine wouldn't load. So when the time came for the big reveal at the stroke of midnight the teenSTYLE staff managed to release the cover leaving us wanting more. Yet here it is, the cover that has got all of Stardoll town raving:It's fabulous, right? Fun, colourful, and Lindsay looks stunning. I really gotta give it up for the teenSTYLE staff, because they really blew me away with this one. I love everything about this cover. The graphics are amazing and whole thing just screams FABULOUSITY. Its everything we love about STYLE with a fun, witty, teenage edge. STYLE may have gone to the teen's, but sure hasn't lost it's touch. Now to the party! We laughted, we danced, we talked. What's a STYLE magazine party without looking fabulous. So naturally here are my picks for the Hits and Misses for the teenSTYLE magazine release party:

Allure.Beauty

She looked okay. She didn't wow me, yet she didn't really step outside the box. She simply wore a Vivienne Tam dressed and paired it with shoes and a clutch. Call it classic, call it boring, I call it average.

Verdict: YAWN!!writemarycat

Can you say Glam. The editor-in-chief of one of Stardoll's other leading magazines obviously know a thing or two about fashion as she brought full on glamor rocking this gorgeous Lily et Cie by Rita Watnik gown.

Verdict: Total HIT lovinitlovinit
I wasn't sure what to think of this outfit except for unique. She defiantly didn't play this one safe and you got to hand it to her, she looks pretty good.

verdict: HIT Star_Awards

She's back and she's bringing a whole new look with her. Although I loved this look , it wasn't exactly teenSTYLE formal dress code release party, if you get what I mean.

Verdict: MISSfakeshake3
She's one of Stardoll's fashion icons yet as much as I love this look, it just doesn't seem to match the formal theme. I think she just may have gone a tad too casual, but its Ellie and she obviously created a very beautiful outfit.
Verdict: HITBlonde_Bum101
She truly stepped outside the box and took this Hotbuys tank to a whole new level. She's gorgeous and creative and she totally rocked this outfit.

Verdict: HIT
oiji
I just think this outfit is too out-of-place for the event. I actually quite liked the outfit until I saw the scale tights and cowboy boots. I call them as I see them, and I never wanna see those...ever.
Verdict:MISS chanelno.5
Let's just slap a big fat "What was she thinking" sticker on this mess. I really don't know what else to say about that.
Verdict: big MISS
Isabella.Arci
The queen of layering does it again. The current STYLE magazine covergirl leaves us speechless once again as she puts together other outfit that's nothing short of a masterpiece.

Verdict: HIT
Britneys07
Its Britney B!tch, and don't you forget it. I gotta hand it to her, she managed to created a stunning outfit that just goes to show, what a Little layering can do.

Verdict: HIT

Polaris97soccer
So this is one of my favorites from the evening. Gal, you rocked it. Its simple, its elegant, and its oh-so sophisticated. No frills, Puff, or clutter, just a beautiful outfit at its purest.

Verdict: HIT

Springate
Feather Boa? Check. Black Ballgown? Check. Fabulousity? Check, check, check. Really, only Anthony could pull this one off. He is after all our favorite tranny and that's why we love him. He's the life of the party and the God (or goddess) of creativity.

Verdict: HIT HIT HIT!!

Well those are my picks from the evening and in case you haven't checked out teenSTYLE here's the link:


Until next time.

xoAlice

No comments: