Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Calling all Pocahontas Fans

In the spirit of Global Patterns we embrace the new theme: Native American buffalo hunter meets Pocahontas' and Karl Lagerfeild's untalented love child, or a.k.a TACKY!! Reality flash: I haven't wanted to dress-up as Pocahontas since the age of six, and even at that time I was more of a Snow White kinda gal. As much as they are not my style, I am a little curious to see how some people are going to wear these very challenging pieces. We could have a Native costume party where we can drink pemmican, hold hands, and tell stories of the cold winters travelling down the St.Lawrence all while dancing in a circle around an open flame. But since I doubt that happening these clothes are pretty much useless because as much as I'd love to put on my favorite pair of moccasins and get out my bow and arrow for an old fashioned buffalo hunt, for now I'll stick to hunting for bargains at Forever21,in Buffalo.
Will be seeing any of you rocking Pocahontas chic?


No comments: